Traveling with kids can be fun. Sometimes your vacation is a planned adventure, othertimes it turns into one. Here are 5 fun vacation activities kids will love.
1. No matter where you go on vacation, always have a backup rain plan. From outlet mall shopping to movies, do your research. There is nothing worse that being stuck inside. Even if you have to get creative mama, build a tent with the bedding, bring crayons and coloring books. Anything to keep the kids occupied.
2. Play games in the car. I honestly believe this helped my parents keep their sanity. We drove from LA to Yosemite, to Lake Tahoe, to Vegas to Grand Canyon. Me and my brother joke now about all the driving we did, but my parents wanted us to seee everything when we went somewhere. I’m thinking of something was a favorite game of ours. My 5 year old knows how to play too from her beach trip with Oma and Papi.
3. I am fortunate to live in PA. There are tons of attractions around here and we are close to the beaches in NJ and MD, close to DC, close to NYC. There are tons of free things to do, including free museum days. You don’t have to spend a fortune for the kids to have fun. My kids are young but older kids might enjoy going to see exhibits on topics they studied at school. My daughter loves looking at dinosaurs. Most museums are also air conditioned and can give you something to do if it rains.
4. Another great thing about summer-daytrips. We live so close to go to 6 Flags, HersheyPark, SesamePlace and DorneyPark. All of these destinations are kid friendly and can occupy a whole day.
5. The final key to having a great vacation, give the kids input. Let them feel like a vital part of the fun. Let them help pack, let them pick their own snacks to bring. Have them document the journey by coloring their own postcards or maps. Kids will have a great time if you make them have a great time. Even a boring cross country trip to grandma’s can be fun if you make it. Happy Travels!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the Williamsburg Tourism and TwitterMoms blogging program for a chance to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here