I am a trendy mama. My main tip is always to build off waredrobe essentials. Here are my 10 tips for weaving the hottest runway trends into your day-to-day looks.
1. I just got a job with a business casual dress code. Typically I wear scrubs but now I have to dress a little nicer. I start off with the basic black pants. They go great with everything. Look for detailing such as studding, or embrodiery to see what trend is in.
2. Another thing I learned at my job is the importance of scaves. They are wear popular and inexpensive and make any outfit look well put together.
3. A little animal print is ok, and in style. I love leopard print and while I would wear it head to toe if I could, an accent is enough to be tredny.
4. Look for accessories that are trendy and inexpensive. Hoop earring and pearl or diamond studs are timeless pieces. Make up and nail polish are also cheap finishing touches.
5. Boots are in and necessary. You may not need knee high stillettos, but you do need knee high boots for winter. Leather boots are easy to keep clean and waterproofable. Uggs are cute and warm, but not best for outdoor winter wear.
6. Wool Winter coats never go out of style. I got mine when I first graduated college. I buy a new matching hat, scarf and glove set every year.
7. Hair bows are not just for little girls. Interchangable flower clips allow you to change your looks from day to day. They are also inexpensive and great for on the run hairdos.
8. A high end purse will never go out of style. Invest in a good one and it will go with everything. I also buy an inexpensive smaller bag for grab and go.
9. Buy great jeans. There is never a time jeans are out of style. I have great dark wash boot cut jeans I have had since high school. They look great and have held up great.
10. Learn to layer. Your favorite summer dresses can hold your over all year long. Pair them with tights, or legginings, long sleeve shirt and a cardigan for a great look.
There are tons of great stores with great deals. Shopping sales allows you to be frugal and build a great wardrobe. I am a big fan of clothing swaps too.